Here you will find an overview into modern software systems and the easyMarkets® Trading Platform.
Trading software is designed to allow end users to trade currencies, commodities and indices online in a real time, secure, private and efficient manner.
The major issues that a trading software platform should address are:
- Real-time: providing constantly up-to-date rates in increments of a split second. These rates, in contrast to traditional bank rates, are actual, tradable quotes.
- Security, privacy and data integrity: for any user performing financial transactions over the Internet, is a main issue. This point is further emphasized with trading software, where the amounts traded may be significant. Trading software must be designed with the highest level of data security, integrity and privacy. Most systems use at a minimum one layer of 64-bit SSL encryption, as well as various data backup and recovery methods and procedures.
- 24×7 availability: providing updated quotes 24×7 and allowing a trade any time of the trading week.
Web-based versus downloaded software
Trading software comes in two main forms – web-based and client-side software:
Web-based software system
Web-based software means that all the operations are performed on the vendor’s website, pending user verification. That means that users are offered a familiar, web-based interface, to perform their desired operations. The advantages of such a system are:
- No need to download and install proprietary software
- Log in anywhere, anytime. A web-based system allows instant access to a users account, from any Internet connected computer.
- Familiar and friendly, web-based user interface.
Client side software system
Client-side Forex software is a program that a user downloads and installs to gain access to the markets. The software communicates with the vendor’s server offering trading services.
easyMarkets® Trading Platform
easyMarkets offers a web-based trading system. We believe in making trading easy, so we offer a friendly, fast, secure, no-download, web-based system to allow even the novice investor easy access to the markets.
With regard to our backend, easyMarkets has two different server farms in different locations to ensure backup and recovery. Each server farm uses load-balancing software to balance the load handled by each node and to ensure an immediate, real time response to any user operation.